Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fixed picture problem

UPDATE: Problem fixed! Many thanks to the folks in the seal group on station for helping me diagnose the problem I have been having with Firefox. I now have four internet browsers on my computer... I think I'll keep them. They make me look geeky.

Here are some bonus pictures.

This was the view yesterday as the sun rose over the station. These are the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen.

And here is picture number one for my photo project:

This is Observation Hill with the National Science Foundation's Chalet in the foreground. This one is "Sun rising over McMurdo". I'm going to take the same shot every day (or every other day), at different times of day the whole time I am here. Like Monet.

Anyway, things are OK here. We launched an ozonesonde two days ago. The next instrument we'd like to launch is one of our particle counters. Hopefully, we can do that tomorrow.

Courage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie, Yes, indeed the pictures enlage and look fantastic. Great Job, Love You, Mom

Unknown said...

That really is a picture-squee vista! A frozen desert indeed. Ob Hill looks like the most "Hi, I'm a mountain" mountain I've ever seen, too.